You must be 21 years of age or older to apply.
2. FHAR is an all-volunteer organization with no paid staff. Our volunteers have jobs and families, as well as other obligations; therefore please understand that it may take 48-72 hours for you to be contacted. Please watch for additional email communication from us. If you neglect to acknowledge our communication, or no call/no show for an appointment, we will assume you are no longer interested and your application will be closed.
3. FHAR firmly believes in reducing the pet overpopulation issue by spaying and neutering all pets. If you own an unaltered pet, your application will be denied unless your vet can provide a statement why it is deemed medically necessary not to have your pet altered. We will also require that all animals currently in the home are up to date on vaccinations such as distemper, parvo, and rabies vaccines.
4. FHAR is absolutely opposed to declawing cats. You agree never to declaw any cat you have adopted from FHAR.
5. FHAR requires approval from the homeowner or landlord in order to adopt. If you are not the homeowner, and you do not provide contact information for the homeowner or landlord, your application will be denied. This includes contact information for your spouse, parents, family or friend that you may live with or rent from.
6. All adoption fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.